GIAFIA E RIPARA VT100 is the tire repair tool to keep always with you, in case of puncture, to get back on the road immediately and continue your journey by motorcycle.
After so many days running around in order to trace our itineraries and various tests, we decided to try, even partially, the Gonfia e Ripara VT100, distributed by Intec S.r.l ..
Like many of us travelers, we were a bit skeptical at first, not so much for the effectiveness of the now proven super sealant liquid as for the small compressor. Wrong!
And now we tell you why it is very useful to always carry one with you:
- The compressor and its components are separable and easily storable under the saddle or in other small cramped compartments of the bike.
- It weighs only 650 grams and is really small and not very bulky (110x95x70)
- The compressor can work for 15 minutes at a pressure of 2.5 bar (45 seconds were enough for us) and the analogue gauge is clearly visible.
- Among the accessories we have the complete set of cables: with eyelets with SAE connection (usable also for other uses), with pliers or cigarette lighter, a 100 ml bottle of sealing liquid.
- It can also work with tires with inner tubes (for smaller holes) but, in this case, it is necessary to find the nail and extract it and the intervention can therefore be less effective, especially if the chamber is slightly torn .
The special sealing fluid of Gonfia and Repair VT100, with Active Seal technology, is able to repair holes caused by objects up to 6mm and is compatible with the pressure sensors of TPMS systems that begin to find application even on the latest motorcycles. It is also 100% safe for both the user and the environment and can be removed with the use of simple water.
Unfortunately or fortunately, we didn’t drill, but Giovanni’s Tiger 800 tubeless tire we deflated up to 0.8 bar to test the compressor. The instructions, in case of punctures, are however really clear and well illustrated, step by step.
Let’s move on to inflation. Once hooked well to the valve, attached to the battery, we turn on the engine in neutral to avoid unloading it and turn on the compressor. We record an initial pressure of 0.8 bar and, chronometer in hand, we arrive at 2 bars in 45 seconds net. Simply great. After the operation we put everything back under the saddle.
In addition to the effectiveness and convenience of such a small and indispensable product for all motorcyclists and scooter riders, travelers and non-motorists, in the package you will also find a two-year subscription to the Europe Assistance roadside assistance service, in the event that the damage is not repairable or due to other motorcycle faults.
The new kit Gonfia e Ripara VT100 sold by Intec is available at the e-commerce store e for 43,00 Euros + VAT.